You want to join the Moralis Avalanche hackathon? Great!
The rules are simple 👇
- Form a team
- Register your team at https://moralis.io/avalanche-hackathon/
- You will get an email with further instructions.
- Build a dApp (using Avalanche and Moralis to qualify for main prize pools).
- Make it awesome!
- Submit it to us before the Deadline on January 31st, 2022.
- A jury decides the winners
- Sign up to the Moralis Avalanche Hackathon Discord https://moralis.io/mage
- Introduce Yourself in avalanche-hackathon
Timeline / Key Dates
- December 6th – Opening Ceremony and Hackathon Start
- January 31st, Hackathon Deadline Submissions
- February 1st – February 20, Preliminary Judging Round
- February 21st, Winners announced for project bounties
- February 21st: Live Demo Day for Grand Prize Finalists + Winners announced
How we will judge your dapp
The Moralis Avalanche Hackathon judges will judge submissions based on five key criteria:
- Execution – how well the dApp performs and how well it is built.
- Impact – how big an effect the project could have on society and how ambitious it is.
- Design – how intuitive the dApp is in relation to UX and user interaction.
- Creativity – whether the project takes new or novel approaches to accomplish something.
- Utility – the functionality of the dApp, as well as how beneficial it is.
How to submit your dapp
You will receive a link to a form where you can submit your project details a week before the hackathon deadline.
- The total prize pool for the Moralis Avalanche Hackathon is currently $500,000.
- Just the main top three prizes, which participants need to use Moralis and Avalanche to qualify for, total more than $175,000.
To be considered for the top three prizes, projects must be built on Avalanche using at least one product from Moralis’ integrated suite of developer tools:
Main Prizes Description
Avalanche and Moralis are rewarding $175,000 in bounties to the top three overall project submissions in the hackathon. The winners will be decided by a panel of judges from Ava Labs, Moralis, and other project and VC partners. Teams that are competing for bounties sponsored by other partners in this hackathon, will be eligible to participate for the top three prizes as well.
Project Bounty Judging
Every bounty will be judged by the project’s specific judging team. For example, if your submission is specifically for the Yield Yak bounty, the Yield Yak team will judge your submission.
All bounty prizes will be awarded after the judging.
The winner announcement date for the bounty winners will be February 21st.
Judging & Demo Day for Grand Prizes (Avalanche x Moralis):
The Grand Prize submissions will be judged by a panel of experts from Ava Labs, Moralis, and other prominent VC and project partners.
The finalists will be invited to give a live, 5 minute virtual presentation with 1 – 2 minutes of live Q&A. A panel of judges will make the final decision on winners. Grand prize winners are announced at the conclusion of the event. All decisions will be made at Avalanche’s sole discretion and are final.
The winners of the Moralis Avalanche Hackathon will be announced on the 21st of February, 6 PM – 8 PM UTC, during the Demo Day ceremony.
- Ivan on Tech: CEO & Founder at Moralis
- Kevin Sekniqi: Chief Operating Officer at Avalanche
- Luigi Donorio Demeo: Ava Labs DeFi Director
- Julien Bouteloup: Founder at Stake DAO and Core Team at Curve Finance
- Stani Kulechov: CEO & Founder at AAVE
- JD: Co-Founder of BENQI
- Justin Trollip: CEO at Pangolin
- Cryptofish: Co-Founder at Trader Joe
Audience: Venture Capital Partners
Competing in this hackathon will bring lots of attention to your project and team, but winning this hackathon can catapult you to an entirely new level. We can’t wait to see what you build!
How the winners will be paid
After the results of the hackathon have been announced, the 3 main winners will receive their prizes within 1 month. The winning teams team leader will have to provide a cryptocurrency address or banking details to the sponsors to facilitate the payout. There may be KYC checks if necessary.
Let’s speak in Discord!