These Avalanche Hackathon participation terms and condition (the “Terms”) set forth the terms and conditions of your participation as a host, speaker, participant, guest, or otherwise (“Participant” or “you”), at all or any portion of any Moralis Avalanche Hackathon location or related conference or event (collectively, the “Moralis Avalanche Hackathon” or the “Event”), whether hosted or co-hosted, sponsored or co-sponsored or otherwise organized by one or more of Avalanche Foundation, Ava Labs, Moralis or a third party as well as their respective affiliates and service providers (collectively, “AVA”, “we” or “our”), including without limitation the event in December 2021 – February 2022. The Moralis Avalanche Hackathon is made available to you on an “as is” and “as available” basis without representation, warranty, guarantee, or undertaking of any kind. By being a Participant, signing up for and/or attending (either in person or virtually) the Moralis Avalanche Hackathon, and/or accessing or using any content, materials, food, or beverages presented or served at or in connection with the Moralis Avalanche Hackathon, you are deemed to consent to the Terms, including any changes made to them in the future.
Please read the Terms carefully, as they govern your attendance at, participation in and access to the Moralis Avalanche Hackathon and any related content, food, or beverages. You may not attend the Moralis Avalanche Hackathon or access related content, food, or beverages if you are present in or a resident or citizen of any jurisdiction where such access is prohibited, restricted, or subject to requirements that conflict with the Terms.
We hope that you will enjoy the Moralis Avalanche Hackathon!
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER and you agree to the following:
- We are doing this for fun, so no liability for AVA! So, the Moralis Avalanche Hackathon and related content are provided for informational purposes only and we may not update anything so the information may be out of date or incorrect when you access it. Other Participants, speakers, sponsors and judges have no responsibility to you, nor does AVA.
- Loss of IP and privacy. No intellectual property, privacy or other rights will be maintained. You waive all such rights with respect to anything presented, said or otherwise used at the Moralis Avalanche Hackathon. Registration for, attendance at or participation in the Event and other activities constitutes your agreement to the use and distribution (both now and in the future) of your image or voice in photographs, video, audio and electronic reproductions. This agreement applies to the image and voice of your personnel and team members. Ava may use images after the completion of Moralis Avalanche Hackathon. You agree that Ava can share information about your Hackathon registration, details of your Hackathon project, or other information obtained from you or relating to you and your project during the course of the Moralis Avalanche Hackathon with sponsors or partners to the event. You acknowledge that sponsors or partners may contact you during or after the Event.
- Any fees or sponsorship amounts are nonrefundable and the proceeds will be used in our sole discretion unless otherwise set forth in Schedule A. You may pay a higher or lower fee or sponsorship amount than others, in our sole discretion.
- Don’t do anything silly or nasty! Come on, you know what this means. Be respectful, helpful and kind. Don’t steal any information or content, don’t violate anyone’sintellectual property rights, don’t say anything mean, hateful or threatening, and don’t try to scam or defraud anyone, or do anything unlawful.
- Talk to professionals! Nothing at the Event or in the related materials is intended to be investment, tax, legal, accounting or any other type of advice. DO NOT RELY ON ANY OF IT, including without limitation what the speakers or sponsors say, FOR ADVICE.
- You are responsible for your and your personnel’s use and access! This means that anything you or they do, or anything that happens, is not AVA’s responsibility and you indemnify and hold AVA harmless for everything about the Event and your and your personnel’s access to the Event and related content, food and beverages.
- Content, food and beverages provided by anyone at the Event, on websites or anywhere else is not AVA’s responsibility! You will have to abide by and be subject to the terms and conditions of any content, website or other format that you and your personnel access in connection with your participation in any way in the Event.
Right of Participation
The Moralis Avalanche Hackathon is open for individual participation and collaborative participation by individuals working in teams. You must meet the registration and eligibility requirements established by AVA and prove that you are at least 18 years of age on the date of registration. You confirm and agree that you are not: (i) subject to any U.S., European or Turkish sanctions administered by an agency like the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the U.S. Treasury Department (“OFAC”); (ii) a person identified as a terrorist organization on any other relevant lists maintained by any governmental authority; nor (iii) a senior foreign political figure, or any immediate family member or close associate of a senior foreign political figure. Personnel of AVA and their respective immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate in the Moralis Avalanche Hackathon.
Individual Participants may participate independently, or individuals may join a team, whether established at the Event of beforehand. We will not be responsible for assigning individuals to a team. Participants may not change teams once Participants have registered and/or joined the team. A team has a minimum of one (1) Participant and there is no maximum number of Participants. Be mindful that each team member is responsible for everything their team does and any prizes awarded to the team will be allocated amongst team members by themselves and not by AVA.
Scoring of Entries
A panel of people selected by AVA will be responsible for judging entries according to the following criteria:
- creativity; and
The winners will be decided by the judges at the end of the Moralis Avalanche Hackathon. The judges will decide the winners jointly and in their sole discretion. Winners will be announced at the Moralis Avalanche Hackathon, although some winners may be announced at a later date.
Entries must be entirely original work and must not contain anything that is or may be illegal or in any way improper (including, but not limited to, hateful, defamatory, obscene, indecent or be in any other way objectionable by a reasonable person, or malicious or harmful code of any kind). The work product must not use any patent, copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right except as permitted under applicable laws.
Prizes will be awarded to the teams or individuals whose entries are deemed winners by the judges. Prizes for winning in the Moralis Avalanche Hackathon may include money, mentorship, or other relevant awards to be determined at AVA’s sole discretion. Prize money, if any, will be distributed to the individuals or teams.
Please note that you may owe taxes on any prize and it is your responsibility alone to ensure proper payment of all taxes.
If any issue comes up with respect to prizes, AVA may make the final decision in its sole discretion.
General Terms and Conditions
Here are the general terms and conditions for attending Moralis Avalanche Hackathon or accessing related content, food or beverages:
- Your access to and use of the Moralis Avalanche Hackathon and related content, food and beverages are governed by the Terms, which give you a limited, revocable right to access and participate.
- You agree that you will not:
a. have any intellectual property, privacy or other rights or licenses to anything you say, do, hear, read or access
during or as a result of an Event, so do not reveal anything you want to keep private or in which you want to retain any
intellectual property, privacy or other rights, all of which you hereby waive;
b. attempt to circumvent any features we employ;
c. attempt to access any unauthorized areas or material;
d.introduce any viruses, worms, malware, trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content to any websites or send
such things to us or to any speakers, sponsors or attendees;
e. access data through unauthorized means;
f. send automated or machine-generated queries or messages to us or anyone attending Moralis Avalanche Hackathon;
g. if posting anything about Moralis Avalanche Hackathon or related content, post anything that could be considered:
I. infringing on the intellectual property or other ownership rights of other parties;
II. constituting a violation of a person’s right of privacy or right of publicity;
III. threatening, vulgar, abusive, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise objectionable;
IV. unwanted commercial content, including but not limited to, spam and unsolicited messages whose purpose is to drive Users to third party sites;
V. prohibited by law;
h. copy, distribute, modify, or create derivative works of Moralis Avalanche Hackathon or related content without prior
i. collect, harvest, or otherwise obtain personal information of other users without their consent; and/or
j. encourage or induce any third parties to engage in any prohibited activities.
k. We reserve the right to terminate your access at any time in our sole discretion and you agree to abide by any such
- The Terms make up the entire agreement between you and AVA regarding the Moralis Avalanche Hackathon and related content, food and beverages and supersede any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and AVA (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms), provided, however, that to the extent any terms and conditions of any host, co-host or sponsor provide any coverage for us, we shall be entitled to such coverage in addition to the Terms.
- Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. In the event that any provision of the Terms is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, the Terms will nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion will be deemed to be severed from the Terms.
Liability Release and Indemnity
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL AVA BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, COSTS OR EXPENSES IN CONNECTION WITH, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE MORALIS AVALANCHE HACKATHON AND/OR THE TERMS. Participant shall indemnify and hold AVA and its officers, directors, employees, successors and assigns harmless from and against any and all proceedings, claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in the Moralis Avalanche Hackathon or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including without limitation (i) any condition caused by events beyond AVA’s control that may cause the Moralis Avalanche Hackathon to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any claim than an entry infringes third party intellectual property or proprietary rights; (iii) any disputes among team members, (iv) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Moralis Avalanche Hackathon; (v) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Moralis Avalanche Hackathon; technical errors that may impair your ability to participate in the Hackathon; or (vi) errors in the administration of the Moralis Avalanche Hackathon.
IN NO EVENT WILL AVA BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE MORALIS AVALANCHE HACKATHON, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT AVA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE.
Governing Law and Severability
The Terms are governed by the law of England and Wales, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, the Moralis Avalanche Hackathon or the Terms must be brought in the Courts of England. All disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Moralis Avalanche Hackathon, prizes or the Terms shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts for the purpose of any such action. If for any reason any provision of the Terms is adjudicated to be unenforceable, that provision of the Terms will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of the Terms will continue in full force and effect.
Moralis Avalanche Hackathon photo contest
Contest Dates: Dec 29th – Jan 31st (11:59pm ET)
How It Works
There will be one round of judging. The best photo will be chosen based on originality and creativity.
Winner will be chosen by Avalanche and Moralis.
How to Enter
- Capture a creative picture of your team working on your project, or celebrating your final submission. A virtual screenshot is fine as well!
- Let your creativity flow!
- Tweet your photo, & make sure to use the hashtag #MoralisAvalancheHackathon
- Submit your contact info and links to your tweet through the hackathon submission form (this form will be made available soon, if not already)
Winners of the contest will be announced on the Avalanche and Moralis social media and community channels on Feb 14th.
Contest Prize Per Winning Photo
Winners will receive Avalanche and Moralis swag. You’re allowed to submit multiple photos. There will be multiple winners.
Determining Winning Photos: There will be one round of judging. Avalanche and Moralis will choose the Winning Designs based on originality and creativity. Avalanche and Moralis will not publish the reasons for its choices of winners and prize recipients. All decisions will be made in Avalanche and Moralis’ sole discretion and are final.
Prizes! All winning submissions will receive Avalanche and Moralis Swag. If you are part of a team, you will share the prize with your teammates and Avalanche and Moralis’ only obligation is to give the prize to one team member.
Avalanche and Moralis will notify winners of prizes via email, so please include an email address with your submission. If you do not respond to the prize notification within 14 days, the prize may be revoked. Avalanche and Moralis may require that you submit additional documentation in order to collect your prize; failure to submit the documents on a timely basis may result in the prize being revoked.
Ownership of Designs and License to Sponsor: Each Photo must be an original work and must not violate anyone’s intellectual property rights. By submitting a Photo you are confirming (representing and warranting) that it is your original work and does not violate anyone’s intellectual property rights. You are also confirming that Avalanche and Moralis each have the unrestricted right to use the Photo, in whole or in part. You hereby grant to Avalanche and Moralis a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free license to the Photo. You understand that Avalanche and Moralis may or may not use the Design in the future and that any use of the Photo is unrestricted. You confirm that you know of no reason that Avalanche and Moralis’ use of the Design will be restricted in any way or subject to any payment. You confirm that you will not make any claim to the contrary anywhere in the world.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, all ownership rights in the Photos are yours, except as modified by the foregoing, and there are no restrictions on your use of the Design, except to the extent of the foregoing.
Both you, Avalanche, and Moralis agree to execute any documents required to effectuate the rights and licenses, or confirm the other matters, in this Section. If you refuse to execute such documents or cannot be found, you are deemed to appoint the officers of Avalanche and Moralis as your attorneys-in-fact for the limited purpose of executing such documents on your behalf.
Thank you for attending!