This week’s Moralis Project premieres on the 25th of June on the Moralis YouTube channel. We’ll be creating an AR Metaverse with Unity and Moralis! Like and subscribe to make sure you don’t miss out on future projects.
When we’re finished, you’ll be able to scan the real world with an Android device, place a loot box in it, then blast it open to reveal an NFT!
With a simple tap, you can then mint your NFT and see it in your mobile MetaMask wallet. Pretty cool right? 😎
We’ll cover all the steps in the docs below in the video.
- Some basic experience with Unity. If you’re new to Unity, check out this introductory guide:
- Unity Hub and Unity Editor installed (recommended some 2021.3 LTS version)
- Basic knowledge of C#. The following guide goes through the fundamentals of C#:
- Android smartphone or tablet (minimum Android 7.0 – Nougat). You can also build this project for iOS but we don’t cover how to do it in this tutorial.
- Having MetaMask installed both on your browser and your mobile device, with the Mumbai Testnet imported and some funds in both:
- Visual Studio Code installed:
- To deploy the smart contract using hardhat, you need to have Node.js installed:
Help and Resources
Make sure you join the Moralis Discord server and head to this week’s project channel! Meet your fellow builders, and get help from our Moralis Tech Support Wizards if you need it.
We recommend you set up notifications in the #projects-notifications channel too.
The Moralis Forums also have a dedicated thread for the Unity AR Metaverse project, where you can find additional discussions and solutions from the community.
You can also take the Moralis Academy Unity AR Metaverse course 100% FREE. All previous Moralis Project courses are available there as well.
Improving Moralis Projects
Moralis Projects are designed to be an exciting, practical way to get you started on your Web3 development journey. They’re also perfect for showing “proof of knowledge” as part of your Web3 portfolio.
If you have suggestions on how we can improve these projects, we want to hear them!
The same goes for mistakes. If you spot anything wrong in any Moralis Project, please share it with us and the community. Bonus mage points if you suggest merge requests.
Earning Your NFT and Next Steps
Once you’ve completed your project, make sure to submit it in the #🏆finished-projects channel in the Moralis Discord to claim your NFT (and feel free to brag about it on socials – you’ve earned it!).
Moralis Projects are just the start. Think of them as a launch pad – something you can develop further or use as inspiration for your own builds.
Whatever you’re creating, we love to see it! Make sure to share your work with the community in the #😎builtwithmoralis Discord channel.
Now, on to this week’s project!
Unity AR Metaverse – Getting Started
Clone the project GitHub repository:
Or download it as a ZIP file:
Once cloned/downloaded, open the unity-web3-sample-ar-metaverse folder using Unity Hub. By default, is it always recommended to use the same Unity version as used originally (2021.3.4f1 LTS):
With the project open in Unity, we’re ready to start!