Hackathon Terms & Conditions
11. Hackathon submissions will be judged by the innovation and quality of the final hackathon submission. The only criteria is that Moralis plays a central role in your application. Apart from that, you are free to use any other open source tools or code.
2. We have a Zero Tolerance policy on any harassment of other participants, team members, or staff members. If any participants violate this policy, the hackathon organizers will take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expelling them from the Hackathon.
The following rules & conditions apply to the Moralis Hackathon (“The Hackathon”), organized by Moralis Web3 Technology AB (“The Organiser”).
1. If you are under 18 years of age, you need to obtain permission from your parent or legal guardian in order to participate in the Hackathon. Your parent or guardian is also required to agree to these conditions and to submit an agreement at the time of sign up Even if you are a minor, you are required to read and agree to these conditions before attending the hackathon.
2. You assume full responsibility for any damage, injury, or monetary loss from your participation in the Hackathon. You release the Hackathon, the Organiser, sponsors, and staff from any liability therefore. You agree that your participation in the Hackathon is at your own risk and that this release is intended to reflect that.
3. You will own any developments made by you during the Hackathon. All intellectual property rights of your own work shall belong to you. However, you acknowledge during the Hackathon, you might have access to third-party materials from the Organizer, sponsors or other teams, and that nothing in this agreement is deemed to transfer any ownership or rights of those materials to you.
4. You acknowledge that any information that you share with the Organizer, sponsors, staff or other teams during the Hackathon is solely at your discretion and risk. None of the Releasees shall have any responsibility under this Agreement or by virtue of their participation in The Hackathon with respect to your information.
5. You acknowledge that the Organizer and sponsors of The Hackathon, have the unrestricted right to use your name and submitted images from registration on our website and on social media.
6. You agree that the Organizer might share your registration information, GitHub profile, LinkedIn profile, or details about your hackathon product with the sponsors of the Hackathon.
7. You agree that it’s up to the sponsors to decide how and in what currency/cryptocurrency to pay the winning teams. The prize amount should be equal to the dollar amount announced, even if it is paid in another currency. The winners will be subject to follow the terms and instructions of the sponsors in order to receive the payments. Refusal to follow the instructions of the sponsors can lead to the termination of the prize and payouts.
The undersigned hereby agrees not to sue, and releases, waives, and discharges the Releasees, their owners, officers, agents, affiliates, employees, volunteers, and/or any other person or entity in any way associated with The Hackathon, from liability for any injury to the person or property or death of the undersigned arising out of or related to use of the premises, equipment, or other facilities of the Releasees, whether caused by an act of negligence of the Releasees or otherwise; and hereby assumes full responsibility for any risk of bodily injury, death or property damage arising out of or related to their participation in The Hackathon, whether occurring to the undersigned or to any other person or entity for whom the undersigned is responsible or with whom the undersigned is associated, and whether caused by an act of negligence of the Releasees or otherwise. The foregoing release includes, but is not limited to, any occurrences of personal injury, illness (food-borne or otherwise), and loss of belongings, whether by theft or otherwise. The undersigned further agrees that this instrument (the terms of which collectively are referred to as the Agreement) is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of Sweden and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, that portion shall be invalid only to the extent required by law, and the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full force and effect.2